Feeds campaign posts from feeds you specify.
Note: below are the campaign specific options. you can also check the general options already explained above.
- Feeds: add one feed link per line. It is recommended to create a separate campaign for each feed
- Content source
- Feed as-is: tick this option for the plugin to post the content from the feed text provided by the site
- Full content: tick this option for the plugin to try to get the full content from the original feed post (This will make the plugin load the original post and try to guess the full content )
- Extract Content using id/class: (require basic html knowledge) here you can set id or class for up to three parts of the original content where the plugin will extract them and concat as the new post content .
To know what is the class or the id you will need to analyze the original post content (view it’s source) and find the div that contains the full content then know what is it’s id/class for example for This TechCrunch feed here is a test postby viewing it’s source we can notice the div that contains the content has the class “article-entry”so the apprpriate setting will be
Single means if there is more than one match the plugin will only consider the first one
Inner: means the plugin will grab the inner content of the div not the whole div
- Extract content using REGEX:(Advanced) REGEX (Regulr expressions) are not that easy as it depends on rules that you should be aware ofYou can extract up to two parts by rule 1 and rule 2 . final content will be concating content from both. rule 2 is optional example: if you want to extract content between to unique texts in the content use this startHere(.*?)endHere where startHere is the unique text that the plugin will extract after and endHere is the unique text that the plugin will stop once found
For example extracting techCrunch http://feeds.feedburner.com/TechCrunch/ full content using regex
if we analyze the source Html we will find that the full content have a text before and after as follow
and ends before the text as follow
so we can use the rule startHere(.*?)endHere as follow
and the full content will get extracted successfully
You should add the brackets to the content that will be extracted so as example startHere(.*?)endHere you can see two brackets these brackets tell plugin where the content extraction starts and ends.
Special charachters should be escaped using a backslash so if for example your startHere text included a dot or a question mark it should be escaped by a backslash.
example startHere is starts here.–> should be escaped as follow starts here\.–>
REGEX is complex and can not be covered here but we gave a basic example that may help in some cases but for mastering regex you will need to learn it further.
- Strip parts after extracting usind id/class: If the content that was extracted contains a div that you don’t like as example an ad div or comments box or whatever, you can add it’s id/class/xpath for removal
- Strip parts using REGEX: in this field you can regex paterns to strip any part of the extracted content but make sure to verify that the regex will work before using it using any regex tester like REGEXPAL.COM
Example: if in the extracted content a part I don’t like and want to strip starting with starting with “startHere” and ending with “endHere”, the regex to strip will be startHere.*endHere please note startHere is the starting of the part you want to remove not literally the startHere chars.
- Search and replace: where you can replace parts from the content before posting. this also support REGEX so you can replace a specific match with another.
- Original Time: tick to post the post with the original time of the feed post
- Set post categories to original post categories: some sites declare the post categories of the feed item at the feed itself. in case the feed you are posting from is declaring the categories then you can use this option as example TechCrunch are one of them
- Extract original tags and set it as tags: you can define the css id or class or xpath of any div that is containing (displaying) the post tags and the plugin will extract and search for tags in it
- Extract author: Just like tags you can define a tag css class/id/xpath and the plugin will extract the author name from and assign the author to the post if exists or it will create it and assign
- Skip posts without images: tick to skip posts without images
- Process items from bottom to top instead: this option will reverse the order of the items in the feed before processing it.
- Decode html entities: Some websites display content in feed html encoded. this option will decode it to readable html before processing it.
- Don’t extract enclosure image: If you asked the plugin to set a featured image and it didn’t find any image in the content it looks if the feed contains an image defined as enclosure and set it if found.
- Skip the post if there is there is a published one with same title: by default the plugin does not post same item twice as it records it’s url and if an older one with same url the newer will be ignored but you can still use this option that will make the plugin verify if there is an already posted item with the same title and if exists it will not be posted.